Diono Rainier Review
I have always been the type of mom that does tons, and tons of research before buying products that involve my family, especially when it comes to Bubby…
My biggest research venture was trying to find the perfect carseat. One that I could use during infancy, on up until time for a seat belt. I literally searched and read and searched some more; it lasted weeks. I finally settled for a cheaper infant carseat, but was still not totally happy as the quality was not on par with my expectations. When I was offered the opportunity to review the Diono Rainier Graphite I was overjoyed! I was more than willing to provide my honest opinion in exchange for this super cool carseat.
This is one of those type of products that once you put your hands on it, you know it is made of the highest quality.
As I pulled it out of the box, I was impressed by the weight of the box as a whole, and then by the neatness and care in which it was all packaged.
Once I got everything out of the box, I then looked at all the items included. At first, I was a little intimidated, but after reading the instruction booklet and watching a few YouTube videos (you can find those below) I was able to get the carseat setup and ready to install as well as feeling confident I had done it correctly.
I must admit that this carseat is kind of heavy. BUT, you can tell that it was made to the highest standards a carseat can be held.
It has a full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides, reinforced extra deep sidewalls lined with energy-absorbing foam, the SuperLATCH system that makes installation easy, and has been NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accidents.
A few of the other awesome features are:
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam for added comfort
- Energy absorbing EPS foam and side impact protection provides added safety
- Extra-long leg support for comfy road trips
- Multiple harness and buckle positions for custom fit
- Safestop® energy-absorbing harness
- Additional forward-facing recline position to accommodate different types of contoured vehicle seats, 12-position adjustable headrest, 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions deliver a comfortable ride.
- Rear-facing tether capability
- Additional set of harness pads included to use only when the child is over 65 lbs in the 5-point harness
- Expandable sides and long seat bottom allow proper leg support
- Sits low on vehicle seat for easy child boarding and improved safety performance in a crash
- Angled cup holder keeps a variety of drinks upright and within easy reach
- Cover is machine washable and dryable
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation
- Industry leading 12 year product life (from date of purchase)
(Information above obtained from the Diono website)
This carseat can be used from 5 lbs to 50 lbs and can then be converted to a booster seat until 120 lbs! Personally, I think that one carseat to buy from baby to kindergarten is pretty incredible. It has a detachable piece that is used to position the carseat for a rear-facing infant, and then you simply remove it when you turn the seat forward-facing.
Overall, I am very pleased with this product! There is not one single thing I would change about it, and considering that my Bubby loves to be in the car, and ride around, this is the best option for his comfort and safety in my own opinion. I think that Diono nailed it when they created this carseat. I feel confident when Bubby is riding in it. I would highly recommend this carseat to any Mom! I know that once you own one you will love it just as much as I do, if not more.