This is where blogging becomes a job… kind of. BUT, it is a fun job!!
Once you have your site setup and you get some reviews going, you are ready to monetize your blog. What this means is that you can place ads, links, banners, and affiliate links, or merchandise on your site, that can bring in money from clicks, purchases and/or just having them there.
First, Decide what kind of money you want to earn
What kind of money are you looking to make? A little here and there or Pay-The-Bills kind of money?
For some people, this is a hobby and they do not care about making money, but for others, blogging and reviewing is their livelihood. You need to consider what this will be for you.
There are a few options to choose from, pick one or ALL of them. Whatever suits you, and your blog.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to build up your income. You offer the products of others to your audience and get paid when they buy it. As a matter of fact, any time you recommend a product or services to your audience, check to see if there is an affiliate program. If so, sign up and use your affiliate link, this will help you to earn cash. If it is something you’d recommend it to your audience anyway, you might as well make a little money if they happen to buy that product or service.
- Amazon Associates is one of the first online affiliate marketing programs and was launched in 1996. The Amazon Associates program has a more than 12 year track record of developing solutions to help website owners, Web developers, and Amazon sellers make money by advertising millions of new and used products from Amazon.com and its subsidiaries, such as Endless.com and SmallParts.com. When website owners and bloggers who are Associates create links and customers click through those links and buy products from Amazon, they earn referral fees.
- It’s free to join and easy to use.
- Provide customers the convenience of referring them to a trusted site where they can immediately purchase the products you advertise on your site.
- And when they do, you can earn up to 10% in referral fees.
- Take advantage of various Amazon retail promotions and leverage their newly created advertising features to drive traffic and earn referrals.
With their simple tools, you can choose several ways to link to Amazon.com and Endless.com from your site.
To add compelling content and enhance your site, you can customize Links, aStores and Widgets. Simply browse and select the type of product you’d like to add, then follow instructions to get started.
***Information obtained from the Amazon Associates website
- ShareASale features more than 2,500 merchants offering a variety of products and services.
- As an affiliate, you select any of the ShareASale merchants and attempt to direct sales to the merchants’ websites.
- The merchants will then pay a commission for sales resulting from the affiliates’ referrals.
- As an affiliate, you decide the specific merchants you would like to promote and how you want to promote these merchants.
- Affiliates can also log into the ShareASale website and check their stats and earnings in real time.
***Information above obtained from the ShareASale website
With ShareASale, you can earn money from banner ads, text links, sponsored posts (usually you will be paid $5-$50 or more depending on the company, the post, and the amount of work they are requesting).
You can earn money from referral links also. A lot of the companies that ShareASale works with will offer a referral bonus, or bounty for you to bring new affiliates to them. You can make a decent amount of money this way by sharing your referral links and having others sign up through them. Find a sponsor for your web site. Get paid for your great content. ShareASale.com.
Be sure to check out these awesome SAS programs listed on our page:
Sign up for 1 or all of them
**The links listed on the above page are affiliate links and I will make money if you simply sign up to become an affiliate through those links. This will not only benefit me, but it can also benefit you, as you already know they offer affiliate bonuses; I make money, and you do, too when you get others to sign up!!
More Affiliate Programs & Blogger Networks
The following is a list of other programs and sites you can earn money from:
There are also AdSense, AdWords, and many other outlets to earn money. If there is something you have heard about or read about, please feel free to comment below and ask me about it, or just let me know and I will add it to the page.
I hope this helps you get started. When I got started I had no one to help until I was 2 months in. Thankfully that person was an amazing help and pointed me in the right direction.
I wish you all of the luck in the world on your new blogging adventures, and I look forward to working along side of you!!