- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the egg, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 3-5 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide into 12 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Making the Slider Burgers
- 2 pounds, 93% lean ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices cheddar or American cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, and salt.
- Gently press mixture into a 9-by-13-inch pan so that it makes one large patty of even thickness.
- Use the tines of a fork to poke holes throughout the meat.
- Bake for 30 minutes. As it bakes, the meat will shrink away from the sides and liquid will accumulate around the edges of pan.
- When fully cooked, remove the pan from oven (keep oven turned on) and carefully drain off the liquid.
- Top the meat with an even layer of sliced cheese; return pan to oven for about 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Cut into 2-inch squares (or the size of the buns used), making 12 mini- hamburgers.
Serve with dill pickle slices and ketchup.
Serves 6 at 2 sliders each.
Game day isn’t too faraway, and this recipe could be the hit of your game day party! I have made these sliders a lot and they are delicious!
Add this one to your go-to book for easy but good nightly meals like I did. It’s super easy to make, and will definitely please the whole family.
Be sure to subscribe in the sidebar or down at the bottom of this page so that you don’t miss out on our reviews and recipes as well as our other great content! You can also Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter!