Sometimes, feeding everyone can be a bit of a task when you have a bazillion things to get done, and places to be. Here is one of my favorite go-to breakfast ideas that is not only easy, but also really delicious!! You can make it ahead and cook it in the morning, or make it on the spot. Either way I think you will really love this idea and it might even be one you end up making ALL the time!
Sausage & Cheese Grits Casserole
2 rolls Jimmy Dean Sausage (regular or HOT)
4 cups water
1 1/4 cups quick cooking grits, uncooked
4 cups shredded sharp cheese
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp garlic powder
4 lg eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 tsp Paprika
- Brown sausage in large skillet, stirring until it crumbles. Drain well. Set aside.
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan, and stir in grits. Return to a boil, cover. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; add cheese and next three ingredients, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in sausage and eggs.
- Spoon mixture into a 9×13 baking dish, sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 1 hour or until golden and heated. Let stand 5 minutes before serving
To make ahead:
Prepare grits mixture as directed above, but do not bake. Cover and chill overnight.
Remove from refrigerator, let stand, covered for 30 minutes, uncover and bake as directed.
Love this idea? Did you put a twist on it? Want to see more like it? Well TELL us!! Scroll on down and leave a comment telling us what you loved, hated, or changed!!